Gerrards Cross Golf Academy
Are you an aspiring golfer looking to take up the game seriously?
Gerrards Cross welcomes applications for Academy membership
This category of membership is aimed at adults who have already gained some golfing knowledge and skill, but who do not yet possess a handicap. By joining the Gerrards Cross Golf Academy members will be helped to develop their golfing skills in a structured and supportive manner. They will also gain a handicap and be eligible to progress to full membership of the golf club.
- Five one-to-one lessons plus a concluding playing session on the course with the Professional
- Full access to the club’s practice areas which have recently been upgraded and now include a state of the art swing studio, covered bays and ball dispensing facilities
- Full access to the clubhouse and its amenities.
- Access to social functions and club card with initial £50 spend value uploaded.
- Access to the course for play at quiet times accompanied by a nominated mentor or another club member agreed with the mentor.
- Academy members will submit three cards for handicap purposes when the Professional and mentors feel they are ready.
Subscription and Progression
- The subscription for Golf Academy membership expires after one year. This includes all benefits mentioned above.
- "Graduates" from the academy will be eligible for full membership of the golf club, on payment of the full membership subscription and appropriate entrance fee. Full details can be viewed on the Subscriptions page.
- Should an Academy member progress to full membership of the club before their year's subscription expires, then £200 will be discounted from the first year's subscription as a full member.
Golf Tuition will be provided by our Professional Team
The Gerrards Cross Head Professional is Alex Nelson. He and his coaching team look forward to helping you from your first visit to the club through to reaching a golfing ability whereby you can become a full club member.
On your first visit, one of the Professional Team will give you a tour of the club and its practice facilities including our excellent new short game facility opened this year. He will then conduct a complete assessment of your golf game and provide you with a written report on the areas on which you need to work.
From this report, our Professional staff will develop an individual plan that will make your transition to full membership as short as possible. Also you will have the opportunity to meet other Gerrards Cross members by attending monthly skills clinics put on by the Professional Team.
Alex and his team are available at all times to chat about your personal goals and development.
How to join the Gerrards Cross Golf Academy
If you are keen to develop your golfing ability and progress to playing regularly at our golf club, the GCGA programme is an excellent opportunity for you. If you are interested, please download an application form, the completed form should be sent to Adam Grint, General Manager. Places are limited each year.
The General Manager will initiate the first visit for the tour and 45 minute lesson/assessment with our Professional team to gauge your initial level of skill and identify the areas of your game that need further practice and development. This will be set out in an assessment/feedback form for you and the club. The General Manager will then invite you to a welcome meeting, together with your nominated mentor, where you can discuss the programme with us in more depth and ask any questions you may have about the process of progression to full golf club membership
In addition to the information provided here please explore our website for more details of club facilities and activities or contact Adam Grint, General Manager on 01753 883263 or via email at adam @gxgolf.co.uk .
We look forward to hearing from you.